Friday, August 21, 2009

THE Path Undetermined...Or MANY Paths?

ONE PATH OR MANY?

REACHING OUT AND FINDING HOPEFUL POSSIBILITIES

Life has been rather strange as of late. Of course we all know by now I lost my job. But simply put I am finding a sense of freedom. Certainly NOT financial freedom as I have quite little in the bank, cobra has not kicked in and no unemployment payments thanks to the inadequacy left behind. So I get the fear and anxiety nearly daily...or moments of it.

But there at least seems to be SOOOO many possibilities that have been hitting me left and right. None that has lead to me to get paid yet but things I enjoy doing none the less. I fear I may be following too many paths and I may need to give one up at some point. But that challenge would be welcomed because it would mean I am providing for my family once again.

First and foremost is my counseling practice. I have my Masters in Social Work and work with Seniors. I visit them in their homes and I love what I do. Bringing some peace to someone who is on the last miles of their life journey is extremely rewarding. I learn much from many of my clients as I hope they learn from me. This will work out for me as my primary job and source of income (I am a Medicare provider which most of my seniors are on) and in the meantime I am enjoying the creative process of "marketing" and "selling" myself. I gained much knowledge on my past job for this I am thankful. This time I get to do it MY way as I am the BOSS.

I am also feeling that I am getting to have some more creativity in my life along with being able to interact with so many different people (last job kept me isolated). I am hoping to always hold onto this as I feel it nurtures me through and through. If I can find a way to make money doing it great. I seem to be on a path for it to be mostly fun and some pocket change to boot. I am doing some freelance writing which allows me to do what I have loved and partly neglected...to write and even take photos to go along with my reading. Perhaps I can spend some time writing 'THAT BOOK".

While I am doing this and keeping busy I get to be a mom. I am home with my daughter while she is about to begin preschool part time. I get to drop her off and pick her up. I get to make play dates and work around my other projects. I get to make friends even! I know I have mentioned this before but my husband has a 'mild' seizure disorder due to a head injury (courtesy of Mr. Drunk Driver in 95), because of this we do not let him stay home alone with my daughter AND he is not able to drive until we get them under control again (three years working on this). So, I don't get to leave and go to a book club, volunteer, or attend a weight watchers meeting or a dinner/movie with a girlfriend unless I make other arrangements. Now I get about 12 hours to work AND play. How fun is that?! My daughter will only benefit from mommy taking care of herself.

So along with being a mom and wife....I declare its time to take care of me too! Here I come Weight Watchers and dare I say....gym!? Gasp. I have a free one in my development. Until I get super busy with my work, I need to take advantage of this new found time!

So you see the expression rings true...when one door closes another opens....or is it when one path begins several others branch off!?

No comments:

Post a Comment